On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 10:33 AM Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 10:29 AM B Gillespie <ceilings...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Matthias,
> >
> > For sure, thanks for taking a look.  Also, I remembered that I actually
> > upgraded to Linux Mint 19 a number of months ago, in case that's relevant.
>
> Do you have  libreadline-dev installed?

By the way, do you see at the end of the ./confugure run a list of
packages recommended to be installed?
E.g. on Fedora one would see something like

configure: Hint: Installing the following system packages is
recommended and may avoid building some of the above SPKGs from
source:
configure:   $ sudo yum install arb arb-devel coin-or-Cbc
coin-or-Cbc-devel eclib eclib-devel gmp-ecm gmp-ecm-devel
fflas-ffpack-devel flint flint-devel libfplll libfplll-devel givaro
givaro-devel isl-devel L-function-devel L-function libatomic_ops
libatomic_ops-devel libmpc libmpc-devel mpfr-devel
configure: After installation, re-run configure using:
configure:   $ ./config.status --recheck && ./config.status