On 5/30/20 8:51 AM, 'Reimundo Heluani' via sage-devel wrote:

> I've looked through the code and found numerous instances of long times in
> examples and tests blocks. So my question is: is there a policy about these
> things? My guess is to leave the long lines of output without wrapping.

You can usually add parentheses and continue your doctest with a "....:"
on the next line so that the test retains its meaning and the HTML
output remains correct. For example, here's a line that's too long:

> sage: from mjo.eja.eja_algebra import QuaternionMatrixEuclideanJordanAlgebra

Instead of forcing a line break with (say) a backslash, you can do

  sage: from mjo.eja.eja_algebra import (
  ....:     QuaternionMatrixEuclideanJordanAlgebra )

The same trick allows you to break sums, products, list comprehensions,
etc. over multiple lines.