On Monday, June 1, 2020 at 6:39:11 PM UTC-7, Zachary Scherr wrote:

> Hi Dima,
>
>    It looks like both were already linked but I ended up reinstalling them
> and everything worked, thank you so much.
>
> In general, do you recommend installing libraries like flint from
> sagemath/homebrew-science before building sage? I see that there are a lot
> of formulas there but I'm not sure any of them have Catalina bottles.  I
> don't know too much about homebrew, but I'd be happy to try to contribute
> Catalina bottles if this is something worth doing.

To build Sage, you should run "./configure" and look at the message at the
end, which will say something like

hint: installing the following system packages is recommended and may avoid
building some of the above SPKGs from source:
   $ brew install cmake
# To automatically take care of homebrew messages regarding
# keg-only packages for the current shell session:
  $ source /Users/palmieri/Desktop/Sage_stuff/git/sage/.homebrew-build-env

So you should run those two commands.

To help with Sage development, you could try to create more homebrew
packages which Sage would then use, or maybe there are some already in
existence which the Sage build process needs to be told about.