On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 9:10:13 PM UTC-8, Volker Braun wrote:

> It is my pleasure to announce Sage-6.1.beta5. As usual, you can get it
> either from our git server/github mirror as the "develop" branch, the
> "6.1.beta5" tag, or by downloading the source tarball from
>

> http://boxen.math.washington.edu/home/release/sage-6.1.beta5/sage-6.1.beta5.tar.gz
>
> One notable new feature is that there is now a "configure" script if you
> download the source tarball, so we recommend that you use the standard
> build steps
>
> tar xf sage-6.1.beta5.tar.gz
> cd sage-6.1.beta5
> ./configure
> make

I did this on an OS X 10.8 system. The build seems to be going okay, but
it's a bit odd that './configure' ended with an error:

checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran compiler... no
checking whether  accepts -g... no
configure: error: Exiting, since a Fortran compiler was not found.

(I don't mind it noting that no Fortran compiler was found, and I suppose I
don't mind it exiting in this case, but it shouldn't be labeled an error.)

--
John