On Jan 24, 2014, at 1:35 PM, Michael Welsh <yom...@yomcat.geek.nz> wrote:
> On 25/01/2014, at 0930, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 1) A student tried downloading it, but has Mavericks (OS X 10.9) and so got
>> the dreaded "unknown developer" message.  I think there is an easy
>> workaround for her - true?
>
> In System Prefs, go to Security & Privacy and change the "allow apps
> downloaded from" setting.

In the same place in System Preferences there will be a button that says "… was
blocked from opening …” and then Open Anyway.  That should be enough to use
Sage.app if she wants to not run other unsigned applications.

Nevertheless, perhaps we should start signing them.  It would cost $100/year if
I’m not mistaken (and the hassle of actually signing it).  But probably someone
has a Mac developer license already.

-Ivan