Hi

The PPA for 14.04 64bit is now updated.

I am currently in Tanzania (severe unannounced power outages) and working
via South Africa (severe announced power outages) but will, when I am back
in 2 weeks, start work on adding 32bit and other versions of Ubuntu to the
PPA.

In the meantime I will use Thierry's binaries (thanks!), but in a few
months I will also add buildslaves for all those airchitectures, as well as
automate the PPA uploads. This is fairly safe unless the actual runtime
dependencies or file structure of sage changes.

Regards,
Jan

On 17 April 2015 at 01:25, Thierry <sage-googlesu...@lma.metelu.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my desktop is finishing to build binaries for all supported Debian and
> Ubuntu versions in both 32 and 64 bits, you can get them here:
>
> https://lipn.univ-paris13.fr/~monteil/hebergement/sage/binaries/6.6/
>
> The last one (Ubuntu 14.10, 64 bits) is finishing its ptestlong and should
> appear within one hour or so.
>
> Thanks to Harald's hint, the lrz images are twice smaller than the gziped
> ones (they take longer to (un)compress though).
>
> Ciao,
> Thierry
>

> On 27/03/2015 22:23, Thierry wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > there is currenlty no 32-bits binary for 6.5 on the mirrors, and only a
> > single one for 6.4.1 that runs on an unmaintained Ubuntu release (13.04).
> > However, those are still needed for quite a lot of users i met (not only
> > users with old computers but also those that run i686 kernel on a 64 bits
> > material, this was the default choice for downloads on ubuntu website
> > until quite recently).
> >
> > Hence i wrote a buildchain (in bash, sorry) to automatically spawn, boot,
> > upgrade a qemu VM for each maintained Ubuntu/Debian release (precise,
> > trusty, utopic (and vivid soon) / wheezy, jessie, sid), and build Sage on
> > it.
> >
> > To ensure wide compatibility, the qemu-lated processor is Pentium III
> > (Katmai) and the builds use the #17806 patch to allow SAGE_FAT_BINARY to
> > work.
> >
> > http://lipn.univ-paris13.fr/~monteil/hebergement/sage/binaries/
> >
> > Please do whatever could be useful with that (try it, mirror it, PPA
> > it,...).
> >
> > The buildchain should be able to build all 64 bits as well, but Sage 6.6
> > is at the corner so i will wait for its release and for feedback about
> the
> > current builds.
> >
> > Ciao,
> > Thierry