Hi

On 23 September 2015 at 10:40, Henri Girard <henri.gir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just test it, ssl is always lacking
> But I am not sure this is the reason because libssl-dev is installed.
> Why not put in deb the sage-6.8 LTS, I installed it and it works (that's
> just a suggestion, but sorry if it's a bad idea ?)
> Before I could compile sage but now I got errors that's why I like your
> deb and it's automatically updated.

I think due to other problems on many platforms the ssl is disabled by
default in the Sage binaries.  Other sage developers are more qualified to
discuss that and answer that.

What is the "sage 6.8 LTS"?  Do you mean include something other than
http://sagemath.mirror.ac.za/linux/64bit/Ubuntu_14.04_LTS_sage-6.8-x86_64-Linux.tar.lrz
in the PPA? Or do you mean depend on libssl-dev and include a rebuilt sage
with pyopenssl in the deb? I coudl then be introducing errors/bugs to the
downstream users if I include a rebuilt python with ssl. I want to confirm
that it is possible though, with one or two lines, to add SSL capability.

Our (AIMS) main use case, by the way, is standalone laptop installs, that
can work offline, so we use a per-user installation, not a multi-user
server, so the https is irrelevant for us. I'd like to stay close to the
upstream with the PPA. We do however have students ssh from a laptop into
their own account on a campus desktop to use a notebook on a more powerful
machine or just to access their worksheets conveniently from their rooms.

Right now we cannot on the -full package do either of

sage -i pyopenssl
or
sage -pip install pyopenssl

even though we did

sudo apt-get install python-dev libffi-dev libssl-dev libxml2-dev
libxslt1-dev

Our

sage -f python was succcesful though.

What exactly are the commands and output of what you are trying to do?

Regards,
Jan

--
  .~.