On anothe machine (core17, 16 GB RAM, Debian testing) where I installed
giac in order to explore this
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/sage-support/xdFm3TszTSI>, I get a
failure of all tests involving giac, even after forced reinstallation (+
the usual transient error on simplicial_complex.py).

I tried (to no avail) to create a "small script" allowing to start giac
from the command line. This fails :

charpent@asus16-ec:/usr/local/sage-7$ giac
sage-run received unknown option: --giac
usage: sage [options]
Try 'sage -h' for more information.

Hints ?

HTH,