I built 8.3 on about 8 machines running ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04 with no
problems. In each case I did "make distclean" first; I was building on top
of 8.1.

Running ptestlong on two of the machines resulted in

sage -t --long src/sage/game_theory/catalog_normal_form_games.py  # 15
doctests failed
sage -t --long src/sage/game_theory/normal_form_game.py  # 2 doctests failed
sage -t --long src/sage/libs/gap/assigned_names.py  # 1 doctest failed

For the first two the errors are all

PackageNotFoundError: the package 'lrslib' was not found. You can install
it by running 'sage -i lrslib' in a shell

and all is well after installing lrslib, but either that should be
installed by default or some of these tests need to have a optional tag.
The 3rd failure was only on one machine and did not recur when run
separately.

John