On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 11:51 AM Jeroen Demeyer <j.deme...@ugent.be> wrote:

> On 2018-09-11 11:08, Erik Bray wrote:
> > On Cygwin `make ptestlong` with 4 processes gave me a few random
> > failures.  I have a lot of browser tabs open so I'm getting a lot of
> > spurious
> >
> >       ***   Warning: not enough memory, new PARI stack 8545042432
> >
> > warnings as the cause for most of the random failures.
>
> Can you give an example of such a failure? Does it happen only after
> forking? And how much RAM does that machine have?

I'll have to look into the specifics later.  This is on my laptop
which ha 32GB of RAM currently at roughly 50% utilization, though that
obviously goes up when running parallel tests.

If I recall correctly it's not really a problem that the warning is
occurring; I just don't want it to be *displayed*, especially not
while running the tests.  At least not in general.  It's not very
important.