Yes, the two important folders on vanilla sage are

ls -al local/share/gap/pkg/atlasrep/data*

local/share/gap/pkg/atlasrep/datagens:
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 2 strogdon math 4096 Mar 30 20:09 .
drwxr-xr-x 9 strogdon math 4096 Mar 30 20:09 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 strogdon math   70 Mar 30 20:05 dummy

local/share/gap/pkg/atlasrep/dataword:
total 12
drwxr-xr-x 2 strogdon math 4096 Mar 30 20:09 .
drwxr-xr-x 9 strogdon math 4096 Mar 30 20:09 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 strogdon math   70 Mar 30 20:05 dummy

And the contents of dummy, in both folders, is:

This file is only for causing that the directory is created by `zoo'.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-release/3b37f760-04af-4707-9b34-36656bef504a%40googlegroups.com.