On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 6:23 PM E. Madison Bray <erik.m.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 6:15 PM E. Madison Bray <erik.m.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Testing this on Windows + Python 3 for the first time in a while.
> > During the docbuild it crashes while generating one of the plots, with
> > some call to maxima resulting in:
> >
> > RuntimeError: ECL says: #<a FLOATING-POINT-OVERFLOW>
> >
> > I'll see if I can get this in any other context.  Has anyone else seen
> > problems like this on Python 3?
>
> How to reproduce:
>
> sage: f = piecewise([((0,pi/2), -1), ((pi/2,pi), 2)])
> sage: s5 = f.fourier_series_partial_sum(5)

False alarm, I guess.  I did a `./sage -f ecl && make build` and now
everything works.  Slightly disconcerting, but possibly attributable
to reusing an old Python 3 build that was left in a dubious state.

I'm very impressed, and congratulations to Frédéric et al. for getting
things this far! I'm sorry I couldn't have been of more help in the
final push.