I'm not sure how interesting this is, but still ... I made a clean build
from the git sources. I got many doctests failures, and each one I checked
failed due to additional lines "Long-step dual simplex will be used" --
see: https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/24824

I guess it picked up my globally installed glpk and I fixed this by
installing the glpk package (which in turn installed a few other
dependencies). This was not necessary for 8.9.

-- h