Am Donnerstag, 23. Januar 2020 09:58:17 UTC+1 schrieb François Bissey:

> > On 23/01/2020, at 9:47 PM, Timo Kaufmann <eisf...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
> >
> > Am Mittwoch, 22. Januar 2020 19:04:06 UTC+1 schrieb Steven Trogdon:
> > Your build may be picking up on the wrong version of pygments. Vanilla
> Sage uses pygments-2.3.1.p0.
> >
> > ./sage -f pygments
> >
> > may fix the issue. On my sage-on-gentoo build, which uses a system
> pygments, I see the same lex literal_block as "python" Warning with
> pygments-2.5.2. But pygments-2.4.2 is fine.
> >
> > I have fixed the pygments issue for nix here:
> https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/78348
> >
> > Only the sphinx patch is strictly necessary to fix the docbuild. Since
> it doesn't look like sphinx has a python2 maintenance branch, you'll have
> to patch it if you want this fixed.
>
> Is this backwards compatible with older versions of pygments?
> i.e. there won’t be any issues if pygments-2.3.x is used in conjunction
> with patched sphinx-1.8?
>
> François

The sphinx patch is not backwards compatible, but it can be trivially
adopted to be so. The ipython patch is backwards compatible. You can use a
similar try/error construct for sphinx:
https://github.com/ipython/ipython/pull/12095/commits/8805293b5e4bce9150cc2ad9c5d6d984849ae447#diff-3956ebe7dd0ddfeaf61b51b153ee71bcR48
Just be sure that you try to import `Python2Lexer` *first* (which will fail
on pygments <2.5 since the name previously didn't exist). If you do it the
other way around the import wouldn't fail but PythonLexer would silently
refer to python3.