Since this beta, I get the following permanent failure:

sage -t --long src/sage/env.py
File "src/sage/env.py", line 15, in sage.env
Failed example:
    out == repr((SAGE_ROOT, SAGE_LOCAL))
     # long time
Expected:
    True
Got:
    False

Here, SAGE_ROOT and SAGE_LOCAL look correct, but the `out` variable from
the preceding tests is

    sage: env = {k:v for (k,v) in os.environ.items() if not k.startswith(
"SAGE_")}
    sage: from subprocess import check_output
    sage: cmd = "from sage.all import SAGE_ROOT, SAGE_LOCAL;
print((SAGE_ROOT, SAGE_LOCAL))"
    sage: out = check_output([sys.executable, "-c", cmd], env=env).decode().
strip()   # long time
    sage: out
    "('/home/math/sagebot/sage', '/amd/compute/sagebot/sage/local')"

The left path is actually a symlink in my home directory to my sage root
directory on a different partition:

    sage: SAGE_ROOT
    '/amd/compute/sagebot/sage'

Moreover, my patchbot failed multiple times with the following possibly
related error:

    Sage build/upgrade complete!
    make[1]: Verzeichnis „/amd/compute/sagebot/sage“ wird verlassen
    sh: /amd/compute/sagebot/sage/local/bin/sage-starts: Datei oder
Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

That is, the file `local/bin/sage-starts` is not found. This is with CentOS
7.7.