> On Jun 17, 2020, at 13:22 , Dima Pasechnik <dimp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 6:38 PM kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> mkdir ../../../../library/tools/libs
>>>
>>> installing 'sysdata.rda'
>>>
>>> dyld: Library not loaded:
>>> /Users/.../sage/local/lib/libopenblas_haswellp-r0.3.6.dylib
>>>
>>>  Referenced from: /Users/.../sage/local/lib/R/lib/libR.dylib
>>

>> For reference, doing
>>
>> $ rm -rf local/lib/R/
>>
>> ended up solving the problem.  But that seems like a bug - shouldn't the
>> previous R install properly be deleted, in our current paradigm of first
>> uninstalling (if I understand it correctly)?
>
> yes, it appears to be a bug (macOS-specific?). Probably the list of
> files installed by R spkg is incomplete, and so what's in the list is
> removed, but
> this one is not.
> You can see the file list in local/var/lib/sage/installed/
> and check whether libR.dylib
> is there.

Not sure this is related to the above problem, but I checked the results of the
builds in each of my macOS systems (10.13, 10.14, 10.15), and there are no
“libR.*” files in either SAGE_ROOT/local/var/lib/sage/installed or
SAGE_ROOT/local/lib.

Is one of the Mac package gizmos (macports/homebrew/etc) involved?

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker
Curmudgeon-at-large