On Mon, Aug 24, 2020 at 8:02 PM Maxime Bombar <maxime.bom...@inria.fr> wrote:

> On 8/20/20 5:05 PM, Dima Pasechnik wrote:
> > segfaults and aborts you get from tests are kind of worrying. Could it
> > be that you have "rogue" libraries in /usr/local, which get picked up
> > instead of system ones?
> >
> > Perhaps, post the main config.log
> >
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded to beta10, and every segfault is now gone. I bet it was an
> edge case of forbidding a recent version of some compiler like gcc.
> There is only one abortion left
> (src/sage/schemes/hyperelliptic_curves/monsky_washnitzer.py
> ), but it seems to be documented here
> https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/29719#comment:17, because on debian
> unstable libflint-dev depends on libflint-2.6.3, and libflint-dev was
> recommended in the installation guide for later version than debian buster.
>
> It could be a good idea to ensure flint version to be less than 2.6.3,
> as it was done for gcc and gfortran before beta10. How do you think ?

we certainly plan to upgrade to flint 2.6.3, it's just not going to
happen on 9.2, but has to wait till 9.3
See https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/29719

I believe that the problem you report has been fixed on that ticket's
branch, so you might try to dig the fix up from there.
IIRC it's
https://git.sagemath.org/sage.git/commit?id=a3981f6eb02a3d9e7a78aa5c81525fbd0e3fbc96

HTH
Dima