On Sat, Oct 24, 2020, 10:13 Henri Girard <henri.gir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My sudo -H pip3 install sage got for answer : Requirement already
> satisfied: sage in /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages (9.2b12)

For what it's worth, you should almost never `sudo pip install` anything on
Ubuntu, because it can break system packages.

Instead you have several options for installing local copies of packages:

* use `pip install --user`
* create a venv with `python -m venv`, activate the venv, and use `pip
install` in the venv
* create a conda environment and use `pip install` in the activated
environment