--with-system-gcc=no

I hope that works for you.

Jonathan

On 02.09.21 15:20, Simon King wrote:
Hi Matthias,

On 2021-09-01, Matthias Köppe <matthiaskoe...@gmail.com> wrote:
OK, Simon, there is only one conclusion: Your machine is haunted and you
should abandon it.
Witchcraft?? OMG!!

Anyway, from your and Dima's previous suggestions it seems to me that
the trouble might have been caused by a too old version of gcc. Would it
make sense to do "make distclean" and then try again with Sage's own
gcc? If so: Could you remind me the command for forcing Sage to build
(and use) the gcc spkg?

Best regards,
Simon