On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 9:00 PM Matthias Köppe <matthiaskoe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's really just the command "tox -e
> docker-ubuntu-groovy-standard-arm64v8" - try it

Thanks.  Some more details I figured out in a few moments, in case anybody
else is interested:

1. What is tox?  Answer: it is a Python package you can install by typing
"pip3 install tox". The homepage is https://tox.wiki/en/latest/, which
explains that it is a test automation system.

2. How do you use it?   Answer: Get the Sage source code and from the top
level type "tox -e docker-ubuntu-groovy-standard-arm64v8".
This uses the file tox.ini that is in the top of the Sage source tree.

3. What is tox.ini? Where does it come from? Answer: Matthias added it to
Sage a year ago.  I don't know how it gets generated, but it seems very
comprehensive.

4. Does it install tachyon from Ubuntu packages?  Answer: I don't know,
though "grep -i tachyon tox.ini" doesn't output anything, so I'm guessing
it doesn't.

William

--
William (http://wstein.org)