Le mardi 18 janvier 2022 à 02:37:20 UTC, Marc Culler on sage-release:

> That worked like a charm!
>
>   * frame #0: 0xffff83c0f9024900
>     frame #1: 0x0000000153ff8b7c
> _dop.cpython-39-darwin.so`PyFortranObject_New
> + 40
>     frame #2: 0x0000000153ff66fc _dop.cpython-39-darwin.so`PyInit__dop +
> 1020
>
> [...]
>
> If anyone knows what dop stands for, I am all ears.

It seems "DOP" or "DOPRI" or "RKDP" stand for "Dormand & Prince"
or "Runge-Kutta-Dormand-Prince" and refer to a method, or family
of methods (of the Runge-Kutta family), devised  by these authors
for numerically solving ordinary differential equations.

See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dormand–Prince_method
https://docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/generated/scipy.integrate.DOP853.html
http://www.unige.ch/~hairer/prog/nonstiff/dop853.f

In particular, the file "dop853.f", linked to above, states  "DOP853"
is "an explicit Runge-Kutta method of order 8(5,3) due to Dormand
& Prince (with stepsize control and dense output)".

These abbreviation seem common in the world of numerical methods
for solving ordinary differential equations but so far that meaning
of DOP is missing from the wikipedia disambiguation page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOP