Hello,

does anyone knows how to access the formula parse tree
I found sth similar what I want in java..
http://www.singularsys.com/jep/doc/html/advanced.html

what I really want, is to make derivative exercise tool..
which would do the differentiation of (complex) formulas step by step
acctually I would need a parse tree according to one given variable,
let's say _x_
where the each depth-node would mean one of known derivative formulas
and + would be parallel/linear node
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derivative#Rules_for_finding_the_derivative
sin(2*x) + x^2
should give:
  + sin->*2->x
  + ^2 -> x
having this form, I could handle derivation steps flexibly.. :)
I know python has powerfull parse tools, but I don't want to invent
bicycle, I'd rather hack it :)
I found some abandoned project http://www.strout.net/python/pythonica.html
but I hope if not sage, then mayby Axiom or Maxima has sth similar..

Thanks for the answers in adwance :)

ps.: there's still some thoughts about
f(x)*g(x), which should be worked out as f'*g + f*g'
and i still don't quite know/remember how to handle x^x