On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 09:09:47PM -0000, Ondrej Certik wrote:

> Thanks very much for the explanation. Yes, I know of:
>
> http://www.sagemath.org/doc/html/tut/node48.html#sec:standalone
>
> But as Timothy said,  I want to use it like this:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
>
> import sys
> from sage.all import *

You can put all your code just like that in *.py file and change the she-bang
line to read:

#!/usr/bin/env sage

and it will function just as you want.  This is what I do all the time.  Of
course, the downside is that you can't use the packages in your standard python
from here, but you can install them in the sage-python if you would be so
inclined.  I've done some of that too.

In other words, if you give a python file in the sage command line, it will
execute the python that comes with your sage install.  I agree with you that
it's a shame that sage isn't integrated with the python on your system, but I
see the point that SAGE is pushing the envelope on recent versions of programs.

It's the lesser of available evils.

--
Joel