On 5/28/07, Ted Kosan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> As part of this process, I have been searching for open source
> mathematics software that has a modern programming environment
> intimately integrated into it.  I also wanted it to be alive and well
> 20 or 30 years from now.  After a long and grueling search I have
> finally decided to go with Sage.  I think that Sage's design
> philosophy is brilliant and the balance it strikes between mathematics
> and computing is exceptional.

If it isn't too much trouble, if you have the time,
could you consider posting a rough list of some
of the factors that went into your decision, why you chose SAGE, how
other competitors fared, and what isn't perfect yet about SAGE for
your desired goals?  I know some of that  reasoning is in your
paragraph above, but I'm sure there was much more that came into play.

Thanks,
  William