On Oct 31, 11:40 pm, "William Stein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> numpy arrays are multidimensional, etc., and are much more sophisticated
> than Sage matrices.  All Sage does is 2-dimensional nxm matrices, and
> isn't really designed for sophisticated reshaping, especially in the
> multidimensional case (where Sage doesn't do anything).  Are you working
> with multidimensional arrays?

I was planning to, but right now what I needed was a way of modifying/
replacing individual columns, rows and other submatrices, applying a
2x2 matrix to a pair of columns or rows, extracting a submatrix
defined by lists of row and column indeces and permuting the rows and
columns on the basis of a permutation given as a list of indeces.

Best,

Manny