Dear Michael,

On Nov 22, 11:25 am, mabshoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
dortmund.de> wrote:
> > 1) The upgrade was interactive. At some point, vim opened, and apparently
> >    i was supposed to insert some text. Is there some "hg commit" involved
> >    in the upgrading process?
>
> This is because you have local changes. Before 2.8.11 or so when you
> upgraded instead of merging the repo it was overwritten.

Good idea!
I remember that after previous upgrades, i had to redo changes in sage-
env.

> The system compiler on OpenSuSE 10.2 is rather broken, but you seem to
> use gcc 4.2.1, which works perfectly fine on sage.math. I will have a
> look at the logs later and see if I can come up with the problem.

I succeeded to upgrade on a different machine:
- Again openSUSE 10.2 (X86-64),
- four Dual Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processors 270
- gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)

So, gcc 4.1.2 did the job, but 4.2.1 didn't.

> It would be better if you put log files up on the web somewhere and
> posted a link. That way 100+ people do not end up with a 1.4MB
> attachment in their inbox ;)

Ok, i hope i will remember it.

Best regards
       Simon