Andrzej Giniewicz wrote:
> Hi,

Hello Andrzej

> I seen in announcement that it fails for "cremona.spkg fails to
> compile on Linux/Itanium with older gcc and also Solaris." - but my
> system doesn't fall to that category I think so I decided to report...

Excellent that you report this. It seems that the code needs a little
more exposure to different build envs, but that it what Sage does,
i.e. shake out all the build issue bugs rather quickly.

> not counting plenty (281) warnings in file curvesort.cc (about
> deprecated conversion from string constant to 'char*') I also get
> WHOLE lot (about 8000) errors all in one nature:
>
> ../g0n/curvesort.cc:106: error: jump to case label
> ../g0n/curvesort.cc:105: error:   crosses initialization of 'int
> <anonymous>[3]'
>
> with different numbers only... problems starts from:
>
> g++ -c -fPIC -g -O2 -DNEW_OP_ORDER -DUSE_PARI_FACTORING -I../include -
> DNTL_ALL -I/opt/sage/local/include -I/opt/sage/local/include  tsat3.cc
> -o tsat3_n.o
> In file included from tsat3.cc:37:
> ../g0n/curvesort.cc ....... etc etc
>
> I think there is no sense to attach such big report... I'm running
> current Arch Linux, that is GCC 4.2.2, gLibc 2.7, kernel 2.6.23.8.

Please move install.log somewhere else and execute make again. Then
gzip up the resulting install.log and put it up somewhere on the web
and send us the link where we can find it.

>Is there some workaround?

Do a "touch spkg/installed/cremona-20071116.p0" from $SAGE_ROOT

Execute make again. Then when building sage.spkg fails go into into
$SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/setup.py and uncomment lines 524, 525, i.e.

     cremona_mat, \
     cremona_homspace, \

Then do "sage -b", after that  "touch spkg/installed/sage-2.8.13" and
then execute make again.

> anyway thanks for great software, can't wait till there will be R
> interface - it will for sure make Sage the software of choice for
> many :)

Let's hope that happens soon.

> best regards,
> Andrzej Giniewicz.