On Nov 29, 1:51 pm, Michael Brickenstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi!

Hi Michael,

> The program is located on a local disc, it is just my home on a NFS
> file system.
>
> I tried linking .sage to /tmp/blupper (I hope, that is not a
> trademark)
> and everything worked.
> Then I removed the link and tried again with my normal nfs home and
> produced the following strace.

interesting about NFS, the strace output doesn't help much since you
only captured the inital sage process. :(

Could you run strace with "-ff -o sage-something", so that you strace
all children and write each process to a logfile? You might have to
play a little with the parameters (add -F), but I am fairly certain
that I can reproduce this behavior locally if NFS is the culprit.

> Best regards,
> Michael

Cheers,

Michael