Hi I want to know how to compute discrete logarithms in Z_p, but I
can't seem to understand the explanation on
http://modular.math.washington.edu/sage/doc/html/const/node63.html

I understand that 125 in "sage: r = Integers(125)" is m but what is 3
and what is 17? Is 3 a or is it b?

When I tried to figure it out:
"print Mod(3^17,125)
print Mod(17^17,125)"
I got
"38
52"
neither of which is 17 nor 3.

Could someone please give me a clear example of computing a discrete
logarithm in Z_p. Like maybe using b = 25, a = 2, and m = 23.

It would be nice if there was a function in Sage for computing this
since this kind of computation is the basis for analysis of
Diffie-Hellman which a lot of people learn about.