Hello,

at the moment we are developing a class for finite quadratic modules.
It consists of one sage file (quadratic_module.sage).

I want to create a spgk file for our project. As far as I understand
it, I should package quadratic_module.sage along with a spkg-install
inside a directory.

At the moment my spkg-install looks like:
sage quadratic_module.sage # to create quadratic_module.py
cp quadratic_module.py $INSTALLPATH

My first question is: what should I use as $INSTALLPATH?

I considered
$SAGE_LOCAL/lib/python/site-packages/finite_modules
$SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/sage/modules
and
$SAGE_ROOT/devel/sage/sage/modules/finite_modules

(At least we hope to be included in a future release of SAGE.)
I think the last two targets need further setup.

My second question is: Is there further information about "creating
packages"?

I read the third chapter of the programming guide, but I don't
understand the details discussed in the thread "spkg refactoring and
development model" on sage-devel.

With best regards,
Lars Fischer