On Jan 31, 12:37 pm, Robert Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This is ultimately a question for the NetworkX people, since these
> functions are just wrapping theirs. I tried
>
> sage: for x in range(100): show(graphs.DegreeSequence([3,3,3,3,3,3],
> seed=randint(1,1000000000)))
>
> and I got a hundred planar graphs, and no K_{3,3}.

Hmm.  Maybe I will try to contact them. I have a suspicion about what
is going on, but want to try a few other things out first.

> You have found a documentation typo. You should fix that and submit a
> patch. The difference between the first two and the third is tree-
> ness, and the difference between the first two is that normally,
> DegreeSequenceExpected doesn't actually return a graph with the given
> degree sequence. For example:
>
> sage: G = graphs.DegreeSequenceExpected([3,3,3,3,3,3])
> sage: G.degree()
> [5, 5, 7, 4, 3, 2]

I would like to start doing that.  Is there an obvious spot with *step-
by-step* instructions that someone with absolutely no previous
"patching" experience can follow to do this?  Every time something
comes up with instructions on one of the lists, I do not understand at
least half of what they tell the person to do, including the hg_pull
or whatever that is.  It also sounds like I might have to doing some
hand-compilation of Sage, which I am reluctant to do as I usually
encounter errors when I try that.

Thanks!