Hello,

> > If not ==, what would you propose for creating symbolic expression
> > objects? The other obvious choice is eq(f, g), but I think that this
> > is inferior since it is much harder to guess.
>
> How often does one need an equation *outside solve*? I never did!
> So, if one really wants an equation as an object, why not eq(f,g)?
>
> And if one wants to use solve, why not in that way:
> sage: solve(x^2,'=',2,x)  # solves x^2=2
> sage: solve(x^2,'<',2,x)  # solves x^2<2

well,  inequalities  would  also have this kind of confusion (as Simon
described in the first mail)..
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support/t/dc9a94da8d930999

so probably more general markup way should be found for symbolic
equations/inequalities or left as it is
maybe some `==, `<, `> notation or other symbol instead of

'   would make most sense in  symbolic stuff as it is usually used
with "symbols" :),
but don't know if interpreter won't get confused

ps: can SAGE solve inequality (as the one here)
http://www.sagemath.org/doc/html/ref/module-sage.calculus.wester.html  sais NO
(what is so difficult about inequalities - at least the school level ones)