Apparently I had the square brackets placed wrong.  My mistake.  The code

*arm    = animate(line([(0,0),(cos(i), sin(i))],
                            rgbcolor=(1,0,1))
                            for i in srange(0, 2*pi, 0.3))
arm.show()*

seems to work.

Thanks ... mea culpa for not finding the obvious substitution. Was barking
up the wrong tree.

Dean

---