On Feb 15, 2008 5:21 PM, Hector Villafuerte <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've been quite happy using SAGE Mac OS X Binaries (on OS X 10.4). I
> also use SAGE on an Ubuntu Linux desktop. It's just that sometimes I
> miss some of SAGE's (original?) functionality while using the Mac,
> e.g. 'animate' needs 'convert'.

You can get convert for the mac fairly easily.   Download
and install ImageMagick from here:
    http://www.imagemagick.org/

Note -- i tried recently to install imagemagick on my intel osx 10.5
mac, and it failed; I had to build from source, which worked fine.
(Yep, it's not just Sage -- even major mainstream projects
like ImageMagick have binary installs that don't just work...)

> So my question is: has somebody successfully used SAGE's virtual
> machine under VMware Fusion? If so, any tips?
> Thanks in advance,

I have used it successfully under VMware Fusion, since in fact
I *create* each new version using VMware Fusion.  You should
just be able to extract the file (using 7zip which is free), and
double click to run it.

 -- William