As to the other stuff, I did, not now important.  I made a few improvements
to fix the
"wiggling graph" problem, clicked on "publish" to re-publish, and ...

Under "published documents" there are now two files named "
animated_derivative_line <https://www.sagenb.org/home/pub/1697>".

I thought, "Maybe a computer thing; give it a few minutes to update."
Signed out of SAGE.
At least ten minutes.

Still two copies.  I recall that in my futzing I deleted the original, &
copied the code under
the same name.

Thanks for any guidance & sorry for the hassle.

Dean