On Mar 31, 7:24 am, Daryl Hammond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Problem 3 Documentation build
>
> Finally I build the documentation with:
> cd sage-2.10.4/devel/doc
> ./rebuild
>
> No errors are indicated in the build process.  However, the special
> images are missing from the documetation when viewed with Firefox.
> Looking at the folders, the image files for /const, /ref, and /tut are
> named img**.old when img**.png is expected.
>
> Issuing  rename .old .png *.old
> for the files in /const, /ref, and /tut circumvents this.

I is generally unnecessary to build the documentation since it is
build before releasing the source tarball. We are not aware of any
problem related to the images [for example
http://sagemath.org/doc/html/const/node14.html
is just fine] as Mike Hansen pointed out, so what TeX distrubution do
you use? Are you sure rebuild did actually work and not die before
finishing? At least with TeX Live has some problems with left
over .aux and .toc cache files from the TeTeX distribution we use -
see http://trac.sagemath.org/sage_trac/ticket/2679

Cheers,

Michael