I'm a little confused by that - isn't that the same as solving a
linear programming problem?  Anyway, I think the answer is yes.
cddlib includes a linear programming solver, but I have not used it
directly.  I have no idea how it compares to cvxopt in speed - I
expect that cvxopt is faster for most things.

Perhaps Rekha's interest is in exact computations, which cvxopt can't
do (is that right? I haven't used it much).

My interface is currently very crude, and only converts back and forth
from vertex to inequality descriptions. It could solve the above
problem, of course, but in the most brute force way possible -
computing every vertex and then it is easy to find the maximum.  The
upside of that is if you are interested in changing the functional for
the same inequalities you could solve it once and for all.

I currently don't have the time to really dive into using cddlib the
way its supposed to be, but hopefully I will next spring.  Right now I
am just using the supplied example commands like testcdd1_gmp, rather
than writing my own code in C.  But in the medium term, the next year
or two, I think most useful things in polymake can and should be moved
to a Sage module using cddlib.  (gfan uses cddlib for quite a bit,
although I am not sure of exactly what.)

Cheers,
Marshall