Hello,

it is me again. Again with an encoding problem. This time inside a
notebook-worksheet. The problem is: I cannot use unicodes in Strings
and comments.

So I am asking: Is there anybody out there, who can use non ascii
characters inside a worksheet?

If yes: What Sage-version do you use and did you do something
special?
If no: I will create a bug report.

But here is an explanation of what happens to me:
Because it is hard to describe the situation, I took a screenshot:
(about 100 kb)

http://www.math.uni-siegen.de/~fischer/nb_unicode_problem.jpg

Explanation:
I restarted and evaluated all.

first cell: sage-version
second and third cell: I tried to use an umlaut (firefox was set to
unicode)

sixth cell: ls to get the filenames

fourth and fifth cell: cat of the corresponding files (I hope that are
the right files, but after restarting and evaluating 40 belongs to
sage0-version and 39 is from before the restart (?))

As you can see: unicode does not work in the second and third cell.
The Exception is in both cases:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xdc in position 0:
unexpected end of data

(why position 0?)

And as you can see from the two cats: in the file the umlaut does not
arrive. At least it seems so to me. I think it gets converted to
iso-8859-1.
(file says: data and file --mime says: application/octet-stream)
But as far as I can see, everything involved, is set to utf-8.

(I cannot access the files directly, because this happens on a locked
down server where I have no rights.)

The locale is
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"