Sorry for asking such a basic question but I still have trouble with
it.

I have created example.sage with the following content

print "Hello World"
print 2^3

and load it into SAGE by load "example.sage". My understanding of the
tutorial is that SAGE will convert this into python and save it in the
same directory (in my case /home/sage). However, I cannot find the
python file. I have also tried saving it as a .spyx file and run load
but it does not work either. So may I know:

1) how to convert a .sage file into a .py file?

2) could it be some sort of permission problem preventing SAGE from
the .py file into the file system? (I'm running SAGE on a window
machines via vmware)

Please help
Thanks