I'm running Sage on a RedHat EL box with SELinux turned on (and
 enforcing).  After a bit of fighting with SELinux, here's what I did
 to get it working:

 1.  As root, I created /usr/local/sage and assigned ownership of that
 directory to my user account.

 The SELinux context of that directory is/are:

 root:object_r:usr_t

 2.  As me (my user level account, with UMASK set to permit group and
 other read/execute), I unpack sage into, e.g.,
 /usr/local/sage/sage-3.0 which gets SELinux context:

 user_u:object_r:usr_t

 3.  I build sage in /usr/local/sage/sage-3.0

 4.  I then set a symbolc link /usr/local/sage/current ->
 /usr/local/sage/sage-3.0 which has the same SELinux context as the
 referrent directory.

 Originally I tried building/installing Sage as root and I ran into all
 sorts of SELinux problems.  Installing directly into system
 directories (even when using a chmod to change ownership to a user)
 also caused headaches.

 This particular system had lots of user (mainly my students) using
 Sage, and with this setup no one has complained to me about not being
 able to run Sage.

 --jason

--
Jason Worth Martin