On Jun 1, 2:32 pm, "John Cremona" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 2008/6/1 David Joyner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>

> > I think John was referring to /home/mozork/.sage/ (which is where some
> > SAGE stuff is
> > saved). I think he suggested deleting it and then starting SAGE.
>
> Yes, that is what I meant.  The 'dot' must have been invisible,
> clearer to give the full path as David did.
>
> John

I think one issue that is confusing here is that Mozork actually build
Sage in the $HOME/.sage directory, i.e. he starts gap via "~/.sage/
sage -gap". I have never tried that and I am not sure if it causes
trouble. But you can move the sage directory out of ~/.sage without
too much trouble and only rpy will break [we have a fix for that in
3.0.3]. Then Mozork ought to delete the "~/.sage" directory and see if
his trouble is still there.

Overall this is likely to be some build issue [just because gp and gap
work does not mean Sage actually compiled and works], so posting a
link to install.log [if it still exists] ought to shine some light on
this problem.

Cheers,

Michael