On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 1:01 AM, Ondrej Certik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Ondrej Certik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I installed sage 3.0.2 and run:
>>
>> sage: notebook(open_viewer=False, port=8100)
>>
>> then setup apache like this:
>>
>> <VirtualHost *>
>>        ServerName sage.sympy.org
>>        ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>        ProxyPass / http://localhost:8100/
>>        ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8100/
>> </VirtualHost>
>>
>> and when connecting to sage.sympy.org, I get a plain html code instead
>> of the webpage. So the apache is returning something wrong, so I did
>>
>> $ w3m http://localhost:8100/
>>
>> which connects directly to the sage server, but this returns a plain
>> html code as well.
>> I also installed knoboo using exactly the same technique as above and
>> it works, so I suspect it's not a problem in the apache configuration,
>> but rather in the sage server?
>
> Update:
>
> When I do:
>
> $ ssh -L 8100:localhost:8100 myserver
>
> and then connect to localhost:8100 with firefox, it works. w3m doesn't
> work even now, which means that w3m will not work with the notebook,
> but that's ok. So the problem is with the apache.
>
> What is weird is that the same apache configuration (just a different
> port) works for knoboo.

Try adding this:
        <Location />
           DefaultType text/html
        </Location>

Here's what I use for proxy forwarding for an https notebook:

<VirtualHost www.sagenb.org:443>
SSLProxyEngine on
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/apache.pem
        ServerName www.sagenb.org
        ProxyPass    / https://sage.math.washington.edu:8101/
        ProxyPassReverse / https://sage.math.washington.edu:8101/
        <Location />