> Disabled automated account creation and turn on the text captcha. Just
> because a spam bot uses a category X it has nothing to do with X. It
> seems kind of counter productive to be associated with the culprit in
> the first place. If *I* were to write a Sage spambot I would have it
> claim to be MMA as a diversion tactic ;)

That's a good advise, thank you. I'll turn on the captcha.

Alec

PS Frankly, knowing some of (young) Sage contributors (from their other
Usenet and wiki activities), I suspected that they might have to do
something with that spam bot - but you were very convincing, and now I am
not that sure about that -Alec