Could you be more specific? When I do something like

sage: u,v=var("u,v")
sage: parametric_plot3d((cos(u), sin(u) + cos(v), sin(v)), (u, 0,
2*pi), (v, -pi, pi), color='green', opacity=0.1, plot_points=[30,30])

I think get the [x,y,z] limits on the framed axes, which seems to be
what you are saying
you want.