On Aug 30, 2008, at 7:46 PM, Robert Dodier wrote:

This kind of stuff yanks my chain in a bad way, unfortunately.
I gather it is more interesting to reinvent the wheel than learn
how to use existing, unfamiliar wheel technology. What makes
it worse is that there is talk of copying Maple and Mathematica
notation, which both have all sorts of warts. Blechh.

I only brought up Maple because that was what I'm familiar with,
which isn't surprising since I come from the university where
Maple was originally developed. That said, the discussion has
moved to the discussion of the specific features rather than
the notation.

I'd considering using Maxima directly if I only needed a CAS,
but Sage provides me with Scipy as well.

Cheers,

Tim.

---
Tim Lahey
PhD Candidate, Systems Design Engineering
University of Waterloo