On Sep 2, 2:44 pm, Marshall Hampton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm a little confused - I upgrade my sage version often in the middle
> of semesters.  Since the notebook lives in a seperate directory it
> shouldn't be a problem.
>
> Perhaps my confusion is related to the VMWare server, because I don't
> use that.  I thought you could upgrade those though.
>
> -M. Hampton

Odd, this discussion ended somehow on sage-devel, too.

Anyway: in this context upgrade == download new VMWare image of Sage.

As Marshall pointed out: the in-place upgrade should work and as I
mentioned in the sage-devel thread one should make a copy of the
VMWare image with the data before attempting to do so since if one has
backups fewer things tend to go wrong due to Murphy's law :)

Cheers,

Michael