2008/9/4 Jason Merrill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Sep 4, 7:23 am, "John Cremona" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> 2008/9/4 David Philp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>
>> I think this is better:
>>
>> http://sagemath.org/doc/ref/module-sage.rings.real-mpfr.html
>>
>> since RDF (double precision reals) is deprecated.  Again, look for
>> is_infinity.
>>
>> John Cremona
>
> RDF is deprecated?  Is there anywhere to find more information about
> this?  A search on trac tickets for deprecate RDF didn't return
> anything.  Also nothing in the docs for RDF, and

Sorry, perhaps I was wrong to say deprecated.  I seemed to remember a
discussion on sage-devel about this, but when I just looked all I
found was this

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/5c2fee77e4feabbc/a959b8865fde0ffa?lnk=gst&q=RDF#a959b8865fde0ffa

which is not what I remembered.

If anyone who knows the situation is reading this perhaps they can
clairfy.  If I am just plain wrong, I apologise.

John