UPDATE:

I found out that the functionality of sharing notebooks only works if
the notebook is already placed on a server with several users, such as
https://sage.math.washington.edu. In this case, clicking on "Publish"
results in an empty box and a list with user names from which one can
choose collaborators. That's awesome!

Since the sage.math.washington.edu server responds very slowly
(probably due to large traffic), I need to find out how to install a
sage notebook server on a local network. I saw some posts about this
previously, but if anyone knows of a good tutorial, that would be
great. Thanks!

Stan