a few days ago i was banging my head against the wall with the
tutorial after installing sage, then just now decided to search the
support group here.

i have the same sort of behavior as gary, with the jmol site working
fine, as well as the sagenb site:
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support/browse_thread/thread/2c1f6a7790c4fdc5/9402f3d635b0374f?lnk=gst&q=jmol#

then i read walter's account:
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support/browse_thread/thread/1cbc1c2c54d09805/a17b9b34965b25e8?lnk=gst&q=jmol#a17b9b34965b25e8

cutting and pasting the examples from the tutorial into my own local
notebook (http://localhost:8000/home/admin/0/) work fine, but running
the tutorial in its own window (http://localhost:8000/doc/live/tut/
node19.html) fails.