Hi vpv,

you can certainly post-process the first option to get an equation system in
the plaintext and key variables alone. You'll need an appropriate term
ordering where each layer's head term is bigger than the previous layer's
head term. You'll also replace the S-Box equations by direct equations which
is just the Gröbner basis with this variable order + 'lex'. Finally, you
compute the normal form of each layer w.r.t. the last layer.

As for the direct generation:

 * I'd be very happy if you'd share your code! I would like to make sure that
it fits into the current framework/is compatible and reuses the existing
machinery. Are you doing that?

 * I'd guess it should be fairly straight forward (for someone knowing the
code of mq.SR) to add what you want: (a) make some type checks more relaxed &
user-friendly and (b) add support for 'variable encryption' by replacing
sr.sub_bytes with a function returning equations.

 * In the upcoming version of Sage (3.1.2) mq.SR generates equation systems in
PolyBoRi if asked to.

 * If we're going to support direct representation of ciphertext bits in
plaintext and key variables we should also support GF(2^n) as base field not
only GF(2), i.e. BES style equations. This will be slightly more involving.

Cheers,
Martin

--
name: Martin Albrecht